This is such a great time of year. I love Christmas. I love the music, the festivities, the decorations, and the warm, happy feeling in my heart. Here's what we've been doing this month:
* Andrew & I decked the halls at his place...
* We decked the halls at my place...
* We had a housewarming party with the fam! My awesome, awesome siblings and my awesome, awesome boyfriend have been helping me remodel the casita and it looks amazing. It's like living in a whole new place, and we are enjoying it so very much. Here is Ro overseeing the Lion House Wassail that we found online. It was DELICIOUS. I think it needs to be a staple at Christmas time from this time on.
We also got to take a sibling picture. This was the best we could do, but we had a riot trying.
* Andrew and I went to the Boise Philharmonic's performance of Handel's Messiah. I wept, Andrew slept. Well, just for a little bit. It was so, so, so beautiful, and I was so happy that we were able to go.
* Santa sent us an elf! His name is Max, and he flies home to the North Pole every night to report on the good and evil doings of the children.
* I hurt my knee about two weeks ago. Went on a fairly short run - four miles and felt great. Two hours after I ran, I had this awful pain on the outside of my right knee. I walked with a limp for about two days. So...even though I didn't want to...I took it easy. I didn't run for another two weeks. So then on Saturday I decided I'd try again, take it easy, run three miles. Right after two miles, it started bothering me and stubborn me - I just had to push it a couple laps more. And now I'm hurting again. :( So frustrating because I truly, truly enjoy running and everything that comes with it. Also, I've never had an injury before. Is this a sign of getting OLDER??? I've been doing a Pilates video at home, but it's just not the same. :( All I want for Christmas is my bad knee to go away.
Plans for the rest of December include:
* A Christmas party for my work tomorrow night and then the kids are off to Ken's until Christmas Eve. Andrew and I are driving to Burley to watch the BSU bowl game and then maybe we'll head down to Salt Lake City? It's been years and years since I've been and I'd love to go again.
* Christmas Eve with the Hyer clan.
* Christmas with family, friends, and hopefully lots of good food and sleep.
Like I said, I love this time of year and all of the fond memories that are created. New Year's resolutions are right around the corner and I'm already thinking of things I can do well for the first two weeks, and then fail miserably at the rest of the year. :)