Wednesday, November 9, 2011

and preschool is a go...

After a long, long process, Adelaide has finally qualified for preschool at Lakeridge Elementary School, where she will attend the Auditory/Oral classroom! She starts on November 28th and will go Monday through Thursday, 12:15 to 2:45. AND, they'll bus her to and from school! My little girl gets to ride the short bus! So excited for her.

Last weekend we participated in a community service project for the kids' school; we raked leaves for some elderly couples around Sherman.  There was about 75 parents, teachers, kids, etc. and we raked 13 homes.  It was a beautiful (and chilly!) morning, and Christian was such a trooper! He stuck with it and raked and bagged leaves the entire time, with no complaints.  Olivia made it about 1/2 an hour and then she wimped out and hung out in the van.  Andrew took Adelaide on some errands, so I didn't have to worry about her. It was just a good experience to be doing service with the kids; I hope that we're able to do more in the future.

I can't believe the holidays are upon us. I love this time of year.  I love the weather, I love the holidays (and the time off!), I love the opportunity to think about things that I'm grateful for, and I really do have SO much to be grateful for.

What (or WHO!) I am most grateful for...


Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment